Puerility

Puerility by alison lyons photography
Puerility, a photo by alison lyons photography on Flickr.

I was standing outside the ice cream shop when I saw this arm walk past. I wasn't buying ice cream, I was looking for Stan who'd wandered off to buy a newspaper. The arm was attached to a young girl and she was attached to her boyfriend (or at least I think it was). I considered stopping her and asking if I could photograph her tatts, but the moment was lost.

"Did you see that girl's tatts?" I said as he returned. "I should have photographed them, but its too late now."
"Is it?" he replied, and we took off up the Mall with our cameras. But the couple were walking too fast and it was beginning to feel like we were stalking them. I lost sight of them anyway, amongst the saturday morning shoppers.

Heading back to the car twenty minutes later I saw her. She was walking towards me, down the centre of the mall. I asked if I could photograph her tattoos. She shrugged and said yes. It was only after I got home that I read the word Puerility on her arm.

pu·er·ile
adj.
1. Belonging to childhood; juvenile.
2. Immature; childish.
[Latin puerlis, from puer, child, boy;]
puer·ile·ly adv.
puer·ili·ty, puer·ile·ness n.