Dirty Bokeh

Dirty Bokeh
I had forgotten that I had a 50mm lens, then I remembered. I found in the back of a drawer without a cap on either end. It was pretty dusty, and I cleaned it as best I could, but you can see all the dirt highlighted in the bokeh. I shot this in very low light, hand-held, I don't think there is any part of it that is in focus, but I like it anyway.

The word Bokeh is (derived from Japanese boke ぼけ, a noun form of bokeru ぼける, "become blurred or fuzzy") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of out-of-focus areas in an image produced by a camera lens using a shallow depth of field. Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject... Wikipedia