My banana looks like a Persian kitten

My banana looks like a Persian kitten

My banana looks like a Persian kitten I thought to myself and I weighed up the option of saying it out loud. We were sitting at the rooftop restaurant overlooking the river in Saigon and something I ate the day before was sitting like a brick in my stomach. I momentarily wondered if I was hallucinating.

"My banana looks like a Persian kitten" I finally ventured.

He looked at me from across the table with a slightly bemused look, as if he didn't believe me. As if!

I proferred my knife with a slice of banana precariously balanced on it and he laughed. It did look like a the face of a little yellow cat.

He reached for the camera, just as my stomach lurched again and I decided I couldn't bring myself to eat the kitten. Even though I knew it was just a humble slice of banana.