Aya Sofya

Aya Sofya... from the roof top of the Seven Hills Hotel in Istanbul there is a magnificent view of Aya Sofya and of the Blue Mosque. A 360 degree view of Istanbul. You can see the Bosphorous stretched out in front of you and the archeological diggings of the old Palace below. You can even look down on the Four Seasons Hotel, once a prison where the film "Midnight Express" was shot. On cool evenings the waiters will bring you a Pashmina, wrapping it around your shoulders to keep you warm.

I didn't eat there that night, but I did drink Raki poured over ice. My wine glass was topped-up with water. I wrote my journal and watched the waiters move from table to table with their trolley of fresh fish and watched the sun go down over Istanbul one more time.

Posted for my dear friend Nurcan. I miss you and I miss Istanbul. I will be back!